Wow! Here I go again, being a slacker! I really need to work harder on keeping up with this blog. At least a couple times a week. Well Memorial Day weekend/week was something of a trial and I don't think I succeeded at all. I am scared to weigh in. On Memorial Day I weighed in at 305.4. Rock on, right! Well then we went to the ward breakfast. Pancakes, eggs, sausage, hashbrowns. Tama and I had decided already that we weren't going to make too big a deal out counting our calories. So I made a good choice. I limited my servings to an appropriate size and felt good about everything. Then we went up to Jump Creek and hiked up to the waterfall. It was great. The weather was perfect. We waded in the water. We took pictures. And I didn't get winded at all. That's a first for me, especially for hiking up hill, over rocks, and helping little girls along the way. Then we left and went and had a picnic in the park. Terrific Ham Sandwiches, and aside from the few BBQ Kettle Chips Karlo insisted on, and the three handfuls of goldfish crackers, I did good.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday...they were all super days. Worked out hard, ate under or within all my food levels, stayed focused. Then the family came to town. Now don't get me wrong. I love my family. I wish they were around a lot more often. But with Papa and Travis, they are very particular about what they want to eat and when they want to eat. They like Biscuits and Gravy & Steak and Potatoes. I tried to be good, but it was hard. Also Friday, we went to a BBQ with potato salad, pulled pork sandwiches, pasta salad, chips, brownies, ice cream, hot fudge, and rice crispies. The food was delicious. I didn't feel too bad about eating 2 sandwiches either, since up to that point I had only ate about 319 calories for breakfast and lunch. Plus, Tama and I walked for 2 miles and I moved into my new apartment (which is upstairs). When I plugged in all my activities for the day into my calculator it calculated me at 3100 calories burned. That's more than my normal weekly calorie goal.
Saturday was Kelton's first birthday. That's when we had the Biscuits and Gravy. And the birthday cake. And Little Caesar's Pizza. Not a good day. Combine that with Sunday's Pork Roast Feast that Karlo made and I am stuffed. I repeat...I'm scared to weigh in. I don't want to lose momentum because of bad choices. I need to have more will power when I'm around people who aren't following the same eating plan we are. This week will be better. I've already promised myself that. Back on Track! We made a menu. It is so surprising to me how well a menu works when you are trying to lose weight. But it really does. You know what you're eating. You know how many calories you have to work with each day. You aren't as likely to mindlessly munch because you're hungry and you don't know what to make. I'll check back in a few days...and maybe I will have weighed in by then. We'll see...Until then, Discover who you are and Embrace it!
2 comments:
You look AWESOME!! You feel wonderful and you are doing a fantabulousrific job!! We all have "off days" with everything. Sorry Dad and Travis through you off.... I will try not to be a bad influence when I'm here. I promise to drink my rootbeer in the closet! ;-) Love you!!
Don't feel bad or get discouraged! I have the HARDEST time eating right when everyone around me is eating crap! Just remember that one bad day doesn't need to turn into a bad month and keep pushing forward. SO PROUD OF YOU!
Post a Comment