Friday, May 27, 2011

Journey to a Lesser Me: Days 17 - 22

Wow, has this ever been a busy week. I had to go to work with my client 2 nights this week, which put me a little bit on the tired side and sleeping in (where I could). The last day of school was Wednesday and I went to the awards ceremony because Abbie Rae received an academic award. You Go Girl!!! I am so very proud of you and I love you so much. After the ceremony was a field day that Abbie wanted us to come to. However, the wind would not let up and it was a bit chilly out. After about 30 minutes, Kallie and Kelton were getting cold and their hands were turning so purple, so I brought them home to warm up and have lunch, while Tama stayed and played with Abbie. On the way home we stopped and picked up one of Kallie's friends for a play date. They are such good girls...and QUIET! They played so good together.

Well Thursday was a nightmare! The VR counselors screwed up paperwork so I am having to work the overnight shift with my client for a couple more weeks (hopefully they get it sorted out sooner) even though we have a job coach ready to go to work! Frustrating. But we still managed to squeeze in our workout. We needed groceries so we walked to Wal-mart! Yup. We took the baby in the stroller and walked 3.58 miles (round trip) to the store. I am so proud of us. Our goal for walking was to work up to a 5K (3.2 miles). And we surpassed it. The only problem is that now that we have gone and we are doing so good, I keep wanting to do more. I want to go further. I want to go longer. I think I'm getting addicted to activity. If I don't work out, I feel tired and run down, not to mention cranky, all day. I guess there are worse things to be addicted to right?

Today is Friday and it's raining. We walked with Leslie Sansone this morning. Okay. If you don't think you can do a workout routine, get walking with Leslie. Her steps are so easy to follow and you can stay at a very low impact and work your way up. I told Tama this morning, that I remember about 2 months ago when we were dragging and having a hard time completing the 1 mile. Well today we did 4 miles and I felt like I could do more. We are starting to work our way into doing the more advanced workout (like sitting down in our sidesteps, and adding in the arms). It feels to wonderful.

I also passed a very personal expectation last night. Someone brought cake doughnuts into work. And set them right by me. And told me to eat as many as I wanted. Repeatedly told me. And they smelled so good. And I texted Tama for HELP resisting and you know what I got back. A big fat, "I hope they taste good!" WHAT? I was in the middle the punk a reply when I got another text telling me Karlo had stolen her phone and answered me. What a punk!!! But the good news in all this rambling is that I RESISTED! I just kept thinking about the number 307! That's what I had weighed in at that morning! That's right! I've officially lost 20 pounds since my post surgery checkup in April (which was my heaviest weight). I am so excited. My pants are getting loose. If my miracle taylor of a sister can't fix them, I'm gonna have to go by some new pants. But I'm only gonna do DI, Savers, Ross, and Goodwill. No use paying lots of money for something, I'm not planning on wearing for very long! I'll try to do better about writing more often, but no promises. Until next time... Discover who you are and Embrace It!

1 comment:

The Hammonds said...

Good Job on the doughnuts! I hate all the temptations surrounding us, it makes it hard! I love reading your blog it's like we are doing it together from so far away! I am so proud of you! Love you!