Friday, May 6, 2011

Journey to a Lesser Me: Day 1

Today I started a new "healthy eating" diet. Basically all I'm doing is tracking my nutrition information using the FREE (100% free...no gimmicks) tools at http://www.sparkpeople.com/. They are awesome. They have not only a food and fitness tracker, but a customizable tracker for any other goals you may want to work on achieving. One of the coolest things I love about it, is that I also downloaded the app to my BlackBerry and it automatically syncs the two. So I can easily track everything even when I'm not around my computer.


Enough about what I'm using. Today was a bit rough. I wasn't as prepared as I should have been. I totally skipped lunch, because I was at work and didn't want to make a bad decision on food. Not a very good idea. By the time I got home, I was STARVING!!! But no fear...I went shopping and got healthy lunches I can pack along with a variety of fresh fruit and veggies. I did very well today. My greatest asset has got to be my totally awesome little sister, Tama. She walks with me every day, even when I don't really want to. And she cooks some amazing meals. Then you have my supremely cool brother-in-law, Karlo, who did me the great favor of eating my chocolate stash tonight so that I wouldn't be tempted by it. I really had to twist his arm on that one let me tell you. :)


Long story short: Day 1 ended with me just under my all my nutritional goals for the day and I'm not hungry. Unfortunately, I didn't quite hit my fitness goals. But it's only the first day and these things take time, right? I mean Rome wasn't built in a day. There is always tomorrow. Until then...Discover yourself and Embrace it!

2 comments:

Tama said...

Love the blog!!! Good job you! Love you!

The Hammonds said...

I am so excited about this blog! YAY! Also, I think Karlo deserves and award for the very difficult task of eating your chocolate! ;-) Love ya!