Monday, May 9, 2011

Journey to a Lesser Me: Day 4

Okay. So over the last month I have just been walking between 1 and 1 1/2 miles with Tama 5 days a week. I know I feel better but today when I weighed myself (which I probably should have done before I started the better food choice change), I found out that I have lost 17 pounds! When I went to the doctor at the beginning of April I weighed in at my heaviest...a whopping 327 pounds! Today I was down to 310!  If I keep this up I will be out of the 300's in no time. I'm so excited about that because it's been an unfulfilled goal of mine for about the last 3 years.

Today started out a little hard for me. I got up very early to get Abbie up for school and with being tired and making her a breakfast that didn't require me to care about calories, I started feeling frustrated that I was counting calories, and fat, and carbs, and protein.  I was about to throw in the towel and say screw it all! Then I took a deep breath and remembered that I'm not dieting. I'm making a lifestyle change. And I'm not counting calories (well technically I am) but I'm being more aware of what I am eating and why I am eating it. I so wanted to go in and make a egg and sausage breakfast sandwich and big old glass of milk and the rest of the bag of the chocolate in the cupboard. But I didn't! I drank a big glass of water and went and occupied myself in the livingroom and gave myself a little pep talk. I am not giving in this soon. Then the amazing news of the weight I've already lost and I'm stoked! I can't wait to see how long until I'm down into the 200's.  I know I've got a long way to go to be healthy, but I think this is a spectacular start. Until tomorrow...Discover who you are and Embrace it!

No comments: