So...I got really busy this week, mostly trying to plan out a healthy menu then enter all the recipes into my nutrition tracker and make a grocery list from it. Very time consuming, but it will go a whole lot easier now that we have more recipes already entered into the system. So my current weight...according to my new scale...is 315. So that is where I'm starting from. I also adjusted my calorie intake to about 400 calories less. I bought a tape measure so that I could do measurements too, but I just haven't found the time to do it yet. This week has just been kind of crazy at work. I had a client with a few interviews and that takes up alot of the time I am used to just doing over the internet or phone. But I got through. I have been doing really good so far this week. I am a little bit worried about tonight. We are going to a company picnic (they are including a staff meeting so it is mandatory to attend). They are serving fried chicken and all the fixin's. So with my non diet attitude, and healthy choices focus, I am going to the picnic to do the best that I can and not worry about the calories or fat (make good choices...make good choices...that is my mantra).
This week for exercise has absolutely ROCKED! Wednesday...yeah...we walked 4 fast miles with Leslie Sansone. It's the first time we have every done the whole tape. 4 miles in 46 minutes! We decided that we are going to start working towards doing the Woman's Fitness 5K in Sept. That is just over 3 miles. I also ready recently that when begining a walking regime, it is more beneficial to work up to your distance, and then work on getting your speed up. So that is what we are doing. Right now we are walking (outside, which is a whole lot different than walking inside in place) 2.2 miles. We just need to map it out and increase our circle. Well...actually, Abbie gets out of school next week, so we are going to start going more to the greenbelt and letting the girls ride their bikes while we walk, so we can get an accurate distance there.
All in all this change has been wonderful. I feel fantastic! I have more energy. I'm sleeping better at night (like straight through 6-7 hours instead of up every 2). I have a great self esteem. I have a more positive self image. I don't feel so upset to my stomach all the time anymore. I have only had 1 stomach attack since I started this change, which is great considering they were every other day if not daily. Until next time...Discover who you are and Embrace it!
No comments:
Post a Comment