Today was awesome. I walked 2 miles today and had so much enegry. I know its from eating better foods and putting more into my workouts. I am so pumped and energized today. I am happy...like I'm on a natural high. It is wonderful. I also realized that I don't have to give anything up to eat healthier. The name of the game is moderation. Our menu tonight was Karlo's favorite, Brats & Red Potatos & Sauerkraut. This morning I thought, "There is no way, I'm going to be able to eat with everyone else tonight." But I sat down before breakfast and figured out what my dinner was going to cost me in calories, carbs, fat, and protien. Surprisingly, if I only ate 1 serving of everything and added a salad, it wasn't that bad. I was still able to have a great breakfast, lunch, and 3 snacks, and managed to come in under my goals today.
I came to another realization this morning. There was a show on TV about losing 100 lbs in 6 weeks. I watched some of it and couldn't help thinking, "Yeah, but what happens after those 6 weeks? Does it stay off? Or do you gain it back plus more?" I have heard and read some great tips on healthier eating habits, and was starting to get overwhelmed by them. But I can't do them all now. I know that if this is going to be a lifestyle change, and last for many years to come, I have to start small. Like playing a piano...you don't start out playing Beethoven's 5th. You have to start by learning what key plays what note, and the reading the notes on the page. Everything has to be in small steps. So that's what I'm doing. One step at a time. One day at a time. Until then...Discover who you are and Embrace it!
No comments:
Post a Comment